I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me with Kyle being gone. For those of you who don't know, he's been in Africa the past 10 days visiting different long term workers there to see if a partnership could be established for our church to send teams there on a consistent basis. We made this decision for him to go in August when I was not 34 weeks pregnant so when the time approached for him to leave, we were less sure. Plus, his brother and his wife are due to have a baby on the 17th and they thought they might have the baby while he was gone. I was really dreading Kyle leaving and have missed him terribly, but the Lord has been so gracious to me through the love and care of other people. Here are a few examples:
- The college students and leaders have asked me over and over how they can help. Kelly and Lisa took the boys on a special outing last Monday night and gave me a break. My discipleship girls gave me coupons for meals and babysitting and Courtney and Lisa offered to take the boys.
- My parents were wonderful wonderful wonderful to take the boys last weekend for the whole weekend so I could have a break and host a shower.
- My friend Jamee and sister Sarah surprised me on Tuesday with a trip to Houston to celebrate Luke's coming and to give me a break. A babysitter arrived at 4 and Jamee whisked me away to Houston to get my sister and eat dinner at my favorite place...Maggianos. It was so much fun!
- My sister came and stayed with me one night to keep me company and she even kept Reese for me while I had a doctor's appointment and took Will to a birthday party.
- Even Will's Head Start teacher has offered to bring me a meal and the doorbell rang this morning and I had received a little basket of pampering gifts from the Head Start office!!!
- The best for me was all the preplanning my dear husband did before he left. He was the one who called my parents and asked them to take the kids for the weekend. He was the one who got a babysitter lined up for my girls night to Houston. He is so incredible to me and I can't wait to see him tomorrow!!!
Thank you everyone!! I could not have made it these past few weeks without your prayers, your love, and the sacrifices you have made for me. I love you!