The other day I was doing some spring cleaning and found a "time capsule" that we made together a few months before we got married. It was pretty funny to look back and see the things that we thought would be happening in our lives 5 and 10 years down the road. Here are some excerpts:
What's Happening Now:
- Bonfire at Texas A&M fell, killing 12 people. Our question: Will Bonfire ever happen again?
- Columbine happened a few months ago
- George W. Bush is leading the presidential race; Clinton scandal happened this past year
- Millenium countdown and Y2K scares are going on. Will the world shut down when 2000 happens?
- Popular TV shows: Ally McBeal, Friends, Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
- Popular Movies: Star Wars, Sixth Sense
- Beanie Babies are out, Pokemon is in
- Fads: Hair clips, Long straight hair on girls, bleached hair on guys, WWJD
- Deaths: JFK Jr., Payne Stewart
Our Prediction about What Will Be Happening in 5 years (2004):
- George W. Bush will be President
- Everyone will own a cell phone (!)
- People will talk face to face over computers
- Cars won't use just gas
- Increased security in schools b/c of Columbine
- Polarization of Christians and non-Christians
What's Happening Right Now in Our Lives:
- Christine: taking 19 hrs in seminary, working as a children's ministry intern, living with Jenny & Carrie, leading Bible study with friends
- Kyle: Executive Director of BYX, doing accountability with Bill Bray, 5 hrs of seminary
- 3 1/2 months until we get married
- looking for a church in Ft. Worth
What are Our Dreams for our Marriage?
- to love each other and build each other up throughout our whole lives
- to have fruitful ministries
- to have a family
- to live a full and abundant life
When Will We Have Kids? Names? Gender?
- Christine says we'll have kids by 2004 (it was 2003), we'll have 4 kids and they'll be one girl and 3 boys names Emily, Caleb, Will, and Ben (Caleb is Luke's middle name).
- Kyle says we'll have kids by 2004 or 2005, we'll have 3 and they'll be one girl and two boys named Emily, Joshua, and Caleb (Joshua is Reese's middle name).
Where Will We Live in 5 Years?
- Christine said Texas and "I don't care"
- Kyle said a suburb of Austin
What Jobs Will We Have?
- Kyle: BYX job or something involving college ministry
- Christine: mom
What Pets Will We Have?
- Kyle: "If we have children I want to have a goldfish"
- Christine: cat
(we have a fish)
What I Love About You Now:
- Kyle says: smile, cheerful heart, how you like to have fun, looks, funny expressions, tenderness, your compassion for other people
- Christine says: how you treat people, humbleness, your servant's heart, eyes, sensitivity, tenderness, how affectionate you are, your love for God
I'm so thankful to be married to such a wonderful man! Happy Anniversary, Kyle!