My ebook, 31 Days of Love Letters: Searching Scripture for How God Loves, is a free gift of thanks to those who subscribe to my blog. (To receive yours, see the instructions at the bottom of this post.)
About the Ebook:Sometimes I want to erase everything I know about God that I learned from church, other Christians, Christian culture, culture in general, movies, songs, and t-shirts. I want to fill that blank slate with rich biblical truth, with what is actually in the Bible and what it actually says about God. I fear that I am too often unaware of how He actually is and in how He loves.
So I went on an exploration for God in the Bible, inspired by A.W. Tozer's words in The Pursuit of God:
For it is not mere words that nourish the soul, but God Himself, and unless and until the hearers [or readers] find God in personal experience they are not the better for having heard [or read] the truth. The Bible is not an end in itself, but a means to bring men to an intimate and satisfying knowledge of God, that they may enter into Him, that they may delight in His Presence, may taste and know the inner sweetness of the very God Himself in the core and center of their hearts.
As I read, I asked, “What does this tell me about God and who He is?” I looked for clues about His character, His likes, His dislikes, His way of acting. I didn't look for rules, principles, or bullet points, but for the living, feeling, thinking, acting Person of God.
To my delight, I found that what can sometimes seem like a mute, bleak, boring, incomprehensible Bible suddenly exploded with color, life, meaning, and even deeper wells to explore. God revealed Himself to be One with dimension and complexity and beauty and power and gentleness. And, most of all, One who loves.
Do you wonder how God really is too? Do you read books filled with definitive statements about God and wonder if He is really like that? Join me in my exploration through 31 Days of Love Letters: Searching Scripture for How God Loves. The book guides your own search for facets of God’s love by leading you through devotional readings in 31 different books of the Bible. Each reading begins and ends with passages of Scripture for reflection and response.
In 31 Days of Love Letters, you will discover that:
· God loves.
· God loves you personally.
· God's love is plastered all over the Bible, even in the little-read or little-understood parts.
· Although mysterious, God’s love is not a complete mystery. It is available to everyone who seeks Him.
To see a sample of the book, please click here. The ebook can be read on all e-readers, such as a Kindle, iPad, iPhone, Nook, or even straight from your computer.
How to Get Your Copy:
Receive a complimentary ebook of 31 Days of Love Letters simply by subscribing to my blog by email. Here's how:
- On the left side of the blog, in the side column, look for the caption "Subscribe by Email".
- Enter your email address.
- You will receive an email with a confirmation link from Grace Covers Me. You must confirm your subscription before you will begin receiving posts.
- When the next post arrives in your inbox, scroll to the bottom of the post. In small blue letters you'll see "Free ebook download: 31 Days of Love Letters". When you click on this, it will send you to a page where you can download the book. While you're there, I'd be honored if you shared it with a friend on Facebook or Twitter.
Thank you and happy reading!