Diving right in...
- The book I'm still recommending as a must-read over a year after reading it: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. (For the love, if you haven't read this yet, get thee to a bookstore.)
- Books I've enjoyed rediscovering with my boys: Charlie & The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl and The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- The book I had to talk about most with friends and my very patient husband: 7 by Jen Hatmaker. This book would also qualify as the one that made me laugh out loud the most.
- Best marriage books: The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller and Sacred Influence by Gary Thomas
- Most helpful in ministry this year: Leading on Empty by Wayne Cordeiro
- The history book that fascinated me (and taught me a whole lot about my home state): Empire of the Summer Moon by S.C. Gwynne
- Books of the Bible that impacted me most: the first five, as studied in a wonderful Bible study, The Amazing Collection.
- The book I re-read this year: The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
- The book I keep thinking about: The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness by Tim Keller
- Best missionary story (my favorite genre): Bruchko by Bruce Olson
- Favorite fiction book: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Interesting to read and think about: Outliers by Malcom Gladwell and I Thought It Was Just Me by Brene Brown
There is nothing that gets my attention faster than someone recommending their favorite books so please offer us all your gems of 2012 in the comments below. And, by the way, I'm on GoodReads. Are you? Come be my friend!