So let's get started.
Today I'm sharing the best of the blog from 2012, which I determined based on what visitors to the blog read most. Perhaps, if you've been coming around here for a while, you're up for a second read? Or if you're new here, a great place to start?
- Straight from the source: all the do's and don'ts if your friend is also the pastor's wife. In my opinion, the comments are more helpful than the post.
- Can you sum up 13 years of ministry in a few bullet points? I tried here when I wrote the 50 Lessons I've Learned in Ministry (and then later thought of 35 more).
- Jen Hatmaker talked straight with us about friendship and ministry.
- A post that I guarantee you will read based on the title: What a Nursing Bra Taught Me About Friendship. Are you seeing a pattern of interest and need developing here or is it just me?
- What happened when we got an anonymous hate letter in the mail: When Ministry Brings Wounds
- No Longer Orphans. "You act as if you are an orphan. You act as if there is no Father who loves you."
- Yep, there it is again: Friendship is Hard (and How to Make it Easier).
- The one where I laid my heart bare about raising a child with autism.
- The first post of 2012, in which I wrote a love letter to my stretch marks.
- Feeling like a failure in the motherhood department? Perhaps this? A weak mother is a good mother.
- The advice I'd give to myself when we started in ministry: Note to Self.
- The one where I describe the fight that occurs on Sunday mornings.
- A list of my favorite verses for ministry. And here's a link where you can print them out. Tape them on your mirror, windows, journal, steering wheel, or forehead and ingest as needed.
Now it's your turn. Got a favorite post from this blog this past year? Or perhaps you'd like to share one from your own blog with us? Leave us links in the comments below.