Aside from being just a really cute picture, I loved it so much because it was a church planter reading a book about how church planting wives generally experience church planting, so he could understand his wife specifically.
|My husband understands that this church planting wife needs Tex-Mex in regular intervals.|
So I was thrilled when a friend of ours, Clint Clifton, who facilitates church planting in D.C., asked me to answer a few questions for church planters about what it's like to be a church planting wife. You can listen in on our conversation, perhaps together with your husband, as I share:
- Our church planting story, including how God called us into church planting and why we chose Charlottesville, Virginia;
- Why I wrote The Church Planting Wife;
- How I would advise a man who feels called into church planting but whose wife has reservations;
- What, if any, qualifications or competencies are necessary for a church planting wife;
- What I see are the biggest fears and difficulties church planting wives are facing and how their husbands can help them through those;
- What success looks like for a church planting wife;
- What my husband, Kyle, has done that has helped make church planting easier for me;
- and, finally, about the ever-asked issue of friendship and ministry.
Click over to listen to the podcast here (and check out the other podcasts that Clint has put together!).