I made an intro video you can watch to learn more about the book and the book club, but here are the main details you need to know to join in the fun with us:
- There will be three videos to correspond with the three parts of the book. The videos will be posted each Monday in June, but they'll also be available on my book club page if your book club wants to go at a different pace or use them later.
- Read one part of the book, get together with your friends, watch the corresponding video, and then discuss! There are questions at the back of the book, but I'll also give you a supplemental question in each video.
- Have questions from what you read? Send them to me on Twitter, on Instagram, or Facebook with the hashtag #fromgoodtograce. I'll choose a few to answer in future posts, and one group will be chosen at random on August 1st for a Skype chat where I'll answer your questions in (sort of) person! Fun, fun!
Part One of From Good to Grace: Good, Bye
Before watching, read chapters 1, 2, and 3. (And if you're reading this post through a reader or by email, you may need to click over to my blog to see the video.)
In this video, I talk with my friend Marylyn about:
- how we tend to evaluate our "goodness" on outward circumstances or our behaviors
- how we try to manipulate God with our "goodness" to get what we want from Him
- how we can receive hard things as love from God
- how we cultivate dependence upon the Lord
From Good to Grace Book Club - Part 1 - Good, Bye from Christine Hoover on Vimeo.
(Download this video for viewing here.)
Supplemental question for your group: What is the fruit being borne in your life? Is it gospel-fruit--love, joy, gratitude, and contentment? Or do you see bitter fruit from the goodness gospel of comparison, people-pleasing, lack of forgiveness, or discontentment?