As a reminder:
- There will be three videos to correspond with the three parts of the book. The videos will be posted each Monday in June, but they'll also be available on my book club page if your book club wants to go at a different pace or use them later.
- Read one part of the book, get together with your friends, watch the corresponding video, and then discuss! There are questions at the back of the book, but I'll also give you a supplemental question in each video.
- Have questions from what you read? Send them to me on Twitter, on Instagram, or Facebook with the hashtag #fromgoodtograce. I'll choose a few to answer in future posts, and one group will be chosen at random on August 1st for a Skype chat where I'll answer your questions in (sort of) person! Fun, fun!
Part Two of From Good to Grace: Receive
Before watching, read chapters 4, 5, and 6.
In this video, I talk with my friend Amy about:
- how the goodness gospel cultivates a reliance on self
- how to combat self-reliance and the pride at our core
- the belief that we can earn more of God's love
- how we can receive God's love
- the resource of the Holy Spirit that we have
- how we can distinguish between self-condemnation and the Holy Spirit's conviction
From Good to Grace Book Club - Part 2- Receiving from Christine Hoover on Vimeo.
(Download this video for viewing here.)
Supplemental question for your group: Are you living the Christian life with an orphan mentality or an inheriting child's mentality?