Preorder Christine's latest book before April 11 at any online bookseller, such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Christianbook.com and then claim your preorder goodies in the form at the bottom of this page!
“This book will minister to you no matter what season of life you are in and no matter what your current perspective on friendship may be.”—Gloria Furman, author of Missional Motherhood and Alive in Him
“Finally, here is a timely word to women, using his Word as guidance, on how to do this crazy thing called friendship well.”—Sara Hagerty, author of Every Bitter Thing Is Sweet
Has friendship been a struggle for you?
Many women privately wrestle with the complexities of adult friendship. Perhaps you are one of them.
I certainly have struggled with friendship over the years. I’ve known years of friendship drought. I’ve experienced conflicts in relationships— some of my own making—that have tied my insides in knots. I’ve received wounds so bitter that I’ve retreated to cocoon in the false security of isolation.
But I’ve also experienced deep relationships with other women that have enriched my life beyond measure, pointed me toward Christ, and challenged me to grow. These relationships have taught me that friendship is worth any struggle they have taken to discover and deepen.
No matter where your friendships currently are, you’ve probably found that your heart never ceases longing for fulfilling companionship. Friendship seems such a rarity to find and such a fragile joy when we’ve found it, doesn’t it?
As I’ve let slip that I’ve been writing a book on friendship, the response has been something akin to thirst. Some, in larger audiences, have audibly squealed, not because they have anticipated my words, but because they are bursting with need of relief from their private fears and struggles. In one small group setting, a woman practically jumped across the table at me, reaching, as it were, for help. She is one of many seeking an oasis in a desert.
We all long for deep and lasting friendships but often find them challenging to make. The private angst we feel regarding friendship often translates into our own insecurity. In this book, I offer you a fresh, biblical vision for friendship, one that acknowledges the difficulties and past hurts, but also helps you move toward the relationships you desire.
I want to show you:
- what's holding you back from developing satisfying friendships
- how to make and deepen friendships
- how to overcome relational insecurity and self-imposed isolation
- how to embrace the people God has already placed in your life as potential friends
- and how to revel in the beauty and joy of everyday friendship
Let me come alongside you as you intentionally and purposefully invest in one of the most rewarding relationships God has given us. I think you'll find that, however messy, friendship is beautiful indeed.
"I want to read this book ten times over and give it to every woman I know."--Lore Ferguson Wilbert, author and speaker
Claim Your Preorder Goodies:
Preorder Messy Beautiful Friendship before April 11 and receive these preorder goodies:
- Chapters 1& 2 of the book for immediate reading
- A podcast with Jen Wilkin about the complexities of friendship
- A video in which I tell you a little secret about how I respond when I feel left out
- A video in which I chat with a few of my actual friends about friendship
- A video of my husband and me talking about how wives can help their husbands cultivate friendship with other men and how we can nurture friendship within marriage
- "Food with Friends" recipe cards
- Several beautiful computer and phone screen savers with quotes from book, meant to help you keep a good perspective on friendship no matter where you are
To claim your goodies:
- Order a copy of the book at any online bookseller, such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Christianbook.com, or Target.
- Come back to this page and enter your information (*Note: The form won't accept dashes. Please use commas in place of the dash in your receipt number.) in the form below.
- After entering your information, I'll send you an email with links to all your goodies!